Friday, July 11, 2014

It's starting to be aromatic around here

Every last bit of plaster is now gone.  The straight part of the ceiling is open all the way into the rafters.  In the middle of the night I'm convinced a possum is going to drop on my head.  I realize this is highly unlikely, but the paranoia is still there.  I refrain from looking up, just in case something is staring back at me.

So now we have no tub or shower in our entire house.  It's 105 degrees.  Those two things should never go together.  I really have given serious thought to the wading pool idea, at least for the kids. 



 Wait!  Aw, come on, I just filled that...








I guess it doesn't seem to bother this kid much.  What's a little dog hair in your bath water?




So back to the rafters.  The bathroom is now completely empty, except for whatever is living in that rafter space.





My husband says he can cover that rafter space with the first sheets of drywall, so hopefully that will happen in the next couple of days.  There is still a usable toilet in there, but the kids avoid it if at all possible right now.  With no lights it's awfully dark and creepy in there.  We have four and a half weeks left before school starts.  Think we'll be done by then?

No comments:

Post a Comment